At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we understand the value of educating our customers on architectural best practices for designing and operating reliable, secure, efficient, and cost-effective systems in the cloud. We are working on ways through which we can educate our customers of these best practices to help them understand the pros and cons of the decisions they make while building systems on AWS. We believe that applying these best practices greatly increases the likelihood of business success.
Our team is brand new, and are challenges are large-scale. As a software engineer on the team, we use machine learning and intelligent knowledge management to build the multiple components of our current and future product set – from defining solutions to delivery.
You? You are a passionate software engineer and technical leader who is ready to redefine how we leverage the software and technology that operates AWS. You are able to select the appropriate languages, frameworks and technologies best suited to solve the problems at hand.
On our team, you will have full access to all AWS Services, infrastructure and toolsets. The projects will be Agile-based and generate value with each iteration. We work at Amazon scale in terms of volumes, latency and availability. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset and strong CS fundamentals, we want to talk to you!
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Building intuitive user interfaces for the website
- Working with the content management team to design structure for the content to be rendered.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand their requirements, and identify opportunities to improve business processes through software automation.
- Collaborate on our technology roadmap, turn visions into reality.
- Work with the other developers on the team to integrate the Front end with the backend services.
- Demonstrate extraordinary people skills
- Demonstrated experience with computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, etc.)