Are you looking to lead radical and transformational innovations that create value for millions of customers while building a business? Do you want to work at a company where you are encouraged to build and have the autonomy to push boundaries through invention? Amazon Prime's growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new products, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems. This important position will be responsible for working with the product management team to help drive product roadmaps, along with leading our current ‘Go to Market’ efforts for a new program within Amazon Prime. This person will be responsible for developing the product marketing strategy inputs including target audience prioritization, positioning and messaging, research, go to market strategies, and advertising mix strategies.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Prioritizing target audience/ segment priorities.
2. Understand and assess core product opportunities (e.g., opportunity size, appeal, differentiation) in order to proactively determine how to best sell and drive demand.
3. Development of product positioning, claims and messages.
4. Development and execution of an integrated “Go to Market” plan in coordination with channel team owners. Includes development of plans across mass advertising, online, offline retail, PR and other critical marketing channels.
5. Work with research team to develop consumer insights that inform marketing plans, as well as test the effectiveness of marketing activities.
6. Launch management and cross-functional alignment and integration
The ideal candidate is a passionate marketing leader who has a track record of achieving (and measuring) great results through consumer product launches. He or she must be adept at product marketing, market research and working with product management and outbound marketing (e.g. advertising, retail, online) teams. This marketing leader needs to be passionate about measuring results and ROI and is known for trying new things and not working within only the tried and true marketing techniques only. This is a role where you will have to pivot between thinking big and diving in to the details; you should be able to create a vision and then roll up your sleeves, dig in and bring that vision to life.
Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more start-up than big company. You have a track record of exceptional performance and love working in a dynamic, ambiguous, fast-paced environment in which managing multiple projects and priorities is the norm. You have excellent judgment and high standards. You are an articulate, persuasive communicator and a good writer. People trust and respect you and they like to work with you. You are eager to be a founder on a new Amazon team in start-up mode. Finally, you have a passion for marketing, getting into the customers’ minds, and love the retail environment.