Are you looking for the next big Finance opportunity? Looking for a business partnering role with financial management responsibility? Want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? Join us at AWS Finance and be part of the Utility Computing finance team!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in blazing the new trails of cloud computing. AWS is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day, but a group that operates with the full backing of one of the world’s most successful web companies.
AWS Finance seeks a world class Senior Finance Manager to be a key member of the Utility Computing finance team supporting its Storage Service business. This position will work closely with finance management as well as key business partners across the AWS S3 organization, including Product Managers, Engineers, and Business Development to drive thoughtful analysis and controllership in the business. Some key responsibilities will include:
· Ownership of the full P&L for Storage business.
· Support for driving business growth through analysis of new customer deals, launch of new services/features, and development of growth strategies.
· Managing the S3 business cost structure and influencing business decisions
· Taking the lead in financial planning and analysis; building complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance
· Developing short and long range financial/operational forecasts
· Developing and standardizing financial reports
· Working on adhoc financial analyses and projects
· Managing and developing a team of finance managers and analysts.
The successful candidate will implement and drive the core financial processes for the business including Annual Operating Plans, Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews, identify and quantify financial/operational Risks and Opportunities (R&O) to the business, and drive ad-hoc business projects.
This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong people skills.