At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, creative and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. Finance is all about the numbers … unless you work at Amazon; it is about knowing the numbers and so much more. As finance leaders, we’re not just a reporting function, but a core part of the business, developing strong partnerships and creating value through insightful analyses. If you view problems as treasures and enjoy diving deep to identifying root causes and developing long-term, scalable solutions, this is the job for you!
The US Softlines Finance organization seeks a Senior Finance Manager to support the Shoes and Luggage businesses. This is an exciting opportunity that blends an individual's love of fashion with a strong desire to drive data-driven business decisions for a fast growing business at Amazon.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with managerial and business partnership experience looking to make a difference in the Softlines industry. This person will partner with senior leaders across several teams including vendor management (buying), in-stock (inventory management), third party merchant managers, merchandising and marketing teams to provide strategic guidance, tactical direction, and decision support. Primary responsibilities include:
· Partnering closely with the Category leader of Shoes & Luggage on strategic initiatives and critical organizational goals
· Hire, develop, and manage a team of financial analysts in US Softlines Finance
· Controllership of the business, including ensuring the business is focused on the right metrics
· P&L ownership for two businesses
· Leading and participating as the key finance stakeholder in cross-functional teams
· Leading ad hoc financial analyses and new business development initiatives
· Leading and setting direction for long and short-term financial planning processes