The US Customer Relationships team is looking for a smart, motivated, and driven Business Intelligence Engineer. Are you passionate about big data and analytics? Does working in one of the world’s largest data environment excite you? Do you want to be a critical part of a high-growth business that is fundamentally changing an industry? If so, this is a unique opportunity to influence Sr. leaders and change the way our business makes decisions by providing “information” instead of “data.”
The Business Intelligence Engineer will play a critical role in supporting the US Customer Relationships leadership team. This role will influence a wide range of decisions from merchandising to product development and everything in between. They will create visibility through building and maintaining insightful reporting and will participate in special projects aimed at disrupting the industry. The ideal candidate will not only raise the bar on retrieving and analyzing data but is a person who wants to be an active participant with a strong curiosity to understand the business end-to-end, proactively dive into issues as they arise, and has a track record of using data to influence decision makers. Moreover, a successful candidate will possess superb business judgment, is highly detail oriented, and is comfortable dealing with multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Support business with time-critical tactical data analyses.
- Developing intelligent, insightful reporting on the key drivers of our business. Change the way we look at the business
- Simplify and automate reporting, audits, and other data-driven activities; build solutions to have maximum scale and self-service ability by stakeholders.
- Improve back-end data sources for increased accuracy and simplicity.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Presenting written recommendations and insights to key stakeholders and senior leadership
- Understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.