The hiring event will be held in Chicago on July 24-26. This opportunity is a full-time, salaried position located in Seattle, Washington
Are you looking to create value for millions of customers by leading transformative innovation that can grow into billion dollar businesses? Do you want to work at a company where you are the owner, where you are encouraged to build and have the autonomy to push boundaries? The pace of innovation is accelerating at Amazon, and the breadth of our businesses is expanding. Amazon’s growth requires leaders with the entrepreneurial spirit to create new products and solve complex problems. At Amazon, we are the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
The primary role of Product Managers (PM) within Amazon Retail is to invent new products and features on behalf of customers. A PM is the business owner of the product. They work cross-functionally to drive ideas from conception to execution, develop marketing plans to drive awareness and adoption, segmenting customers and developing business models, defining and analyzing success metrics, and managing strategic projects.
From Day 1, PMs are given ownership of large products, the autonomy to think strategically and make data-driven decisions and the ability to drive significant impact to the customer experience and the business. Over their careers, PMs will be exposed to multiple businesses and products, and pushed to grow into senior level managers who independently run large business segments and organizations.
If you’re entrepreneurial, and want to innovate, build, and own transformative products and features, join us in making history.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of business and system requirements
- Leading cross functional teams to drive customer centric solutions
- Managing products from design to release
- Managing key performance metrics
- Managing offshore resources
- Identifying and understanding opportunity, developing requirements, building roadmaps, and executing on business plans
- Dealing with ambiguity to develop solutions that work for stakeholders from various disciplines to meet aggressive timeline
- Balancing the business needs versus technical & operational constraints
- Anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management and making tradeoffs; encouraging risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit while identifying interdependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems
- Building consensus on decisions and ensure delivery of high quality results.
- Evangelizing within and outside Amazon to encourage a fast and smooth adoption of products and programs
- Managing launched programs while identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- Drive improved environmental performance for Amazon
The right candidate will possess these skills:
- Be an influential leader with business, operations and technology knowledge, a tremendous customer focus, a first class problem solver, and inspirational team player.
- A strong product/program management background and experience leading medium to large projects with a well-rounded technical background.
- Thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- Identify and analyze data to determine root causes, develop business cases, test solutions and prioritize competing program opportunities.