Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology.
Amazon Elasticsearch Services team is part of AWS. The team provides developers and their companies with search tools and services for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring and more. Amazon Elasticsearch Service delivers Elasticsearch’s easy-to-use APIs and real-time capabilities along with the availability, scalability, and security required by production workloads.
At AWS, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies.
You will be part of the successful and fast growing Amazon Elasticsearch Service organization. If you are excited about large scale distributed system challenges, operational excellence and delighting customers, this is the opportunity for you! We are a great group of motivated, top-notch engineers solving hard engineering problems in a fun and collaborative environment. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Palo Alto, California.
As a DevOps/System Development Engineer, you will:
- Design, develop and manage a world-class search platform serving individuals and businesses of all sizes
- Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable; our primary languages are Java and Python
- Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving business and market needs.
- Possess expert knowledge in large scale distributed system design and engineering best practices
- Participate in setting a vision and objectives for Amazon Elasticsearch Service in alignment with business and market needs
- Drive and work on algorithm and architecture design, execute and deliver results.
- Invent the future of search, instead of just being a bystander