Amazon.com is seeking an extremely talented Corporate Development leader who will be responsible for generating, managing and executing mergers and acquisitions, minority investments, and strategic partnership activities in the cloud computing sector. This professional will be a key business partner to AWS's senior leadership and will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Amazon. The selected candidate will be part of a small, collaborative team that values authentic, strong-willed individuals who think creatively and proactively look for growth opportunities.
We're seeking an innovative, creative, analytical and strategic thinker. The ideal candidate enjoys diving deep into complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Superb negotiation skills are an absolute requirement.
Key Strategic Objectives
The selected candidate will act as a primary contact in supporting Amazon's business units and senior leadership by conducting industry research, valuation analyses, due diligence, creation of strategic presentations/recommendations, acquisition term sheet and contract negotiations, and both internal and external relationship building.
Focus and Deliverables for first 12 Months
- Identify appropriate opportunities that support Amazon's strategic priorities through interaction with senior business leaders, investment bankers, venture capitalists, and organic pipeline generation
- Partner with AWS business and product units to evaluate expansion opportunities
- Evaluate the benefits of potential acquisitions and manage the process of building both internal and external consensus
- Drive internal thinking on expansion opportunities
- Act as a subject matter expert on valuation and deal structuring
- Lead all pre-transaction diligence efforts
- Evaluate synergy opportunities and risks in potential transactions
- Negotiate key legal documents and bring transactions over the finish line
- Work with all cross-functional groups within Amazon to execute on the relationships from term sheet signature to proper integration
- Establish the ongoing processes, skill sets, and strategy that will enable AWS to continue to build out our corporate development competency, in the face of extremely fast growth, and a rapidly changing industry.
In addition, this Corporate Development leader will be an independent thinker who can make convincing, data-based arguments. The selected candidate will be able to work across all business units, demonstrating a strong bias for action. Professional traits necessary for this position include:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires great people. Develops great people.
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others