Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology.
Our Search Services team builds and operates two Amazon Web Services (Amazon Elasticsearch and Amazon CloudSearch) that enable customers to easily search large data sets at high speeds. Customers simply provision a search domain, add data, and send queries, providing an easy-to-use search across the globe.
As an Engineering Manager in Search Services, you will
- Contribute to the vision and goals, and technical strategy.
- Lead the team in building a best-in-class technology platform.
- Oversee an exceptional group of engineers with a strong team-oriented culture.
- Attract, excite and retain a team of best-in-class engineers.
- Provide technical leadership in driving the design and implementation of extremely large distributed systems.
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management and coaching.
You are a builder of products as well as a builder of teams. You are a seasoned technical leader capable of driving the development of leading edge search technology with an innovative spirit, love of technology and ability to wear many hats. You have extensive experience managing Internet and middleware technologies in online businesses and are fluent in discussing distributed computing, data management, networking, optimization technologies, and object-oriented programming with senior architects and technical leads. Finally, your high energy and tireless commitment to making A9’s Search Services business best-in-class provides your team with the focus needed to create an exceptional service to thousands of Amazon Web Services customers. Along the way you’ll learn a ton, have fun, and make a positive impact on our business.
At AWS you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), Earth's most customer-centric company one of the world's leading internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Palo Alto, California.