Would you like to become part of the team that is redefining the way IT is delivered to U.S. National Security mission owners? Join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) World Wide Public Sector (WWPS) team working with government mission owners transitioning mission workload development to AWS. You will work with the AWS account representative, AWS solution architects, and AWS service team subject matter experts to remove obstacles, solve customer problems, and facilitate mission workload transformation. The ideal candidate will bring both system engineering and business development skills/interests to this position. The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary technical and project management, critical thinking, problem solving skills, and a passion for creating reliable and maintainable solutions on AWS. The candidate should be open to new challenges, extremely good at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed, and a great team player. Candidates should drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with aggressive cross-functional business and software development teams to solve problems and implement new solutions. The Technical Delivery Manager will interact with a broad cross section of Amazon Web Services spanning a wide range of technologies to meet specific national security requirements and mission delivery.Core Responsibilities
- Meet regularly with national security mission owners and mission workload development team leads to determine workload development/transition status, identify and remove development blockers, and develop plans for future enhancements.
- Solicit performance feedback, identify and eliminate blockers, identify and coordinate AWS resources needed to move workload development forward.
- Work with mission owners and workload development teams to coordinate access to AWS subject matter experts, solutions architects, and professional service engineers.
- Track and report workload transformation and capacity planning metrics to mission owners and AWS WWPS to ensure capacity and professional resources are provided ahead of demand.
- Meet regularly with enterprise account managers to provide status, plan and manage transfer of new opportunities from prospect to workload in progress.
- Participate in and support enterprise account manager customer engagements focused on moving from first-call to active project/program moving to AWS.