Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a capable Global Trade Services Program Manager to support our business on a broad range of global import and export compliance matters. You will interact with Development/Engineering Services, Operations, Procurement, Supply Chain, Legal, Tax, and other internal businesses and external stakeholders to drive trade compliance. The position is located in Seattle and will report directly to the Senior Manager of Global Trade and Product Compliance (GP&TC).
AWS is at the forefront of providing a broad set of global cloud-based services including compute, storage
, and enterprise applications, to help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale. This is a dynamic business within Amazon.com, and one of the world’s fastest growing and evolving companies, with a team of exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. GT&PC is responsible for ensuring that the infrastructure equipment necessary to support the AWS services are imported/exported compliantly across the multiple countries where AWS operates and will expand. PRINCIPAL DUTIES
· Coordinate end-to-end global import and export controls for AWS trade operations to ensure compliance with all US and foreign regulations in the conduct of international business activities.
· Effectively evaluate transactions for compliance requirements relating to use of information security/encryption technology as AWS business expands globally
· Set up effective import/export processes and controls and drive trade compliance solutions that maximize global import/export efficiency
· Seek automation opportunities and leverage technologies to drive compliance with global trade regulations.
· Monitor global import/export regulatory and procedural change and clearly communicate those guidelines to stakeholders.
· Analyze trends related to import/export processing and documentation to identify process improvements.
· Interface with cross functional groups to identify and rectify information any information/process gaps during the export/import process
Generate and contribute to performance metrics for all related activity