Senior Innovation and Design Engineer – Air Operations Seattle, WA
Amazon has created one of the most sophisticated supply chains in the world. From the introduction of Amazon Prime, to the use of drones for package delivery, Amazon has consistently driven change from the front of the pack.
Amazon is now searching for a handful of innovative and solutions oriented engineers to be a part of our global initiative of developing and delivering next generation of world-class fulfillment and transportation systems. If the idea of using ground-breaking technologies to develop intermodal logistics systems on an unprecedented scale has your attention, then keep reading.
As a Senior Innovation and Design Engineer for Air Operations, you will be able to work with some of the most talented engineers in the design and development of physical distribution systems around the globe. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing high-performance physical systems, a strong technical problem solving ability, excellent project management skills, and an internal motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment. Amazon’s culture encourages innovation and expects engineers and managers alike to take a high level of ownership in solving complex problems.
Come help us make history. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Invent, design, and implement engineering solutions to complex material flow/transformation and human/machine efficiency problems throughout the global Amazon supply chain.
- Lead and coordinate design and innovation efforts to develop optimal solutions for the transportation network through equipment specification, material flow, process design, site layout, and intellectual property considerations.
- Collaboration with internal teams and external vendors to generate high quality, cost effective solutions in very short periods of time.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
- Provide technical leadership for large-scale engineering projects.