Amazon Services is seeking a dynamic and motivated Sr. Business Development Manager for our Marketplace. The ideal candidate will be responsible for identifying business opportunities and strategic options with select direct to consumer Softlines and Consumables brands and build born on Amazon brands. In addition, the person in this position will assist in leading due diligence efforts and conduct extensive research on potential partners, competitors and communicate findings and recommendations to senior management and executive team. The ideal candidate will familiarize himself quickly with Amazon Marketplace success levers and will build meaningful internal relationships to drive cross-team projects and create compelling Amazon solutions to accelerate our Sellers' business growth while delighting our customers with new selection. This position offers an unparalleled opportunity to leverage your strong understanding of the Internet, high-tech and media industries inside one of the world’s leading technology companies to structure innovative and impactful partnerships.
As an organization, Amazon’s North American Seller Services is uniquely highly influential by coordinating across Amazon customers, Amazon category teams and Amazon Sellers. We are a business development organization; we drive growth for more than 2MM Amazon Sellers through business intelligence, cross-selling efforts and integrated Account Management. We are successful by focusing on aggressive growth for our Sellers’ businesses. Core Responsibilities:
- Customer obsessed to support the objectives and interests on the Amazon Marketplace team on a global basis.
- Identify digitally native brand opportunities that have a unique brand story in the consumables and softlines space that can involve marketing, content, advertising and exclusive components.
- Develop a clear understanding of the Selling on Amazon products along with the features and functionalities.
- Work cross functionally across Operations, Legal, Finance, Tax, Accounting and Business Development teams to execute business relationships that go beyond selling on Amazon.
- Creative negotiation strategies and identify ways we are can create value beyond the commercial relationship by improving scalability, improving a market segment position or launching new brands that will delight our customers.
- Implement and track metrics for recording the success and quality of these business development opportunities. Use these metrics to guide uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
- Understand and utilize the right tools to track all pertinent account information and development progress as well as forecast and prioritize to achieve annual goals.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the e-commerce industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings.
- Prioritize and complete additional projects while maintaining current book of business to build for the long term.
- Serve as a liaison for the team towards internal stakeholders and assist internal partners to drive change, remove roadblocks and close strategic business.