Are you looking for that next big Finance opportunity? Want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? Come join AWS Enterprise Applications Finance!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers over a million enterprise, government and start-up businesses and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. AWS Finance provides end to end financial support for all of AWS. The AWS Finance Team provides data driven analysis, strategic decision support, financial planning, and controllership to teams that plan and build data centers, design and source servers, and develop and sell our cloud services at massive scale to developers and businesses all over the world. If you are a high-performing finance professional who wants to help revolutionize the technology infrastructure industry and work for one of the fastest growing, most innovative companies on Earth, then AWS Finance is the place for you.
AWS Enterprise Applications for virtual contact centers, meeting collaboration, corporate email & calendaring, document collaboration, virtual desktops...and more...make it easy to meet the usability, performance & reliability expectations of employees, while simultaneously delivering on the security and compliance requirements of the most demanding enterprise IT organizations. These are some of our newest services, and offer the unique opportunity of working multiple entrepreneurial business teams on novel technologies with high growth potential.
AWS Enterprise Apps Finance seeks a world class Financial Analyst to be a key member of its team. This position will work closely with finance management as well as key business partners across the AWS organization, including Product Managers and Engineers, to drive thoughtful analysis and controllership in the AWS Enterprise Apps team.
Some key responsibilities will include:
· Taking the lead in financial planning; building complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance
· Managing various Enteprise Apps service P&Ls and influencing business decisions that drive revenue and/or capital expenditures
- Developing pricing and costing models
· Developing short and long range financial/operational forecasts
· Developing and standardizing financial reports
He/she will implement and drive the core financial processes for the business including Annual Operating Plans, Service P&L, Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews, identify and quantify financial/operational Risks and Opportunities (R&O) to the business, and drive ad-hoc business projects. Additional responsibilities include helping refine the capacity planning process and modeling improvements to help drive positive Free Cash Flow.
This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong people skills. Key responsibilities:
- Taking the lead in financial planning and analysis; building complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance including utilization and retirements
- Understand hardware generational changes and developing financial models to optimize capital expenditures.
- Assist with pricing analyses and pricing models in support of new region and sku launches
- Develop and standardize financial reports
- Drive ad-hoc business support projects