Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and quickly evolved into one of the world’s most dynamic and customer-centric companies where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
As a member of the Global Real Estate & Facilities (GREF) team, overseeing corporate office, construction and lab space, this regional position will be responsible for successful delivery of services for the design, construction and overall day to day operations of several corporate sites in the Bay Area.
Develop and deliver consistent design and construction practices for all corporate office space. The successful candidate must be comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as a visionary, an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect and implementer.
Collaborate with site and corporate leadership and other stakeholders to determine objectives, scope, space allocation, cost, prioritization and sequencing of request from customers. Provide project oversight of existing vendors to manage new projects as well as maintain multiple corporate sites from an operational perspective.
The optimal candidate is an experienced facilities leader with strong building engineering background who will excel within an entrepreneurial culture, providing strong leadership and communication while not being afraid to dive into the details. They should also understand the nuances of being a smart client, fostering transparent external relationships and balancing frugality with creativity. Other noted job functions include:
- Represent GREF to internal customers for the delivery of their lab or office space.
- Drive projects to completion working with aggressive timelines.
- Manage day-to-day facilities engineering operations team to effectively control all leased sites to achieve operational efficiency.
- Collaborate and work with Landlord(s) to effectively manage leased sites.
- Guide and manage all GREF and Lab related projects, contract negotiations, approvals of budgets, change orders, procurement and contracts, schedules and subcontractors.
- Assist in the evaluation of prospective office lease space.
- Influence design guidelines, including minimum specifications, basis of design for various building systems.
- Work with Amazon legal and procurement to establish priorities and create/implement strategies for generation of savings on construction related items through harnessing economies of scale and direct negotiation with suppliers.