As a Network Capacity Provisioner, you will join the Internet Services Technical Business Development organization responsible for architecting, engineering, provisioning, and managing all types of capacity serving Amazon and our customers. This includes our global private Backbone as well as connectivity between Amazon and the Internet. As part of this team, you will lead complex, multi-disciplinary delivery service projects using your telecommunications and networking expertise. You will engage with internal customers to plan requirements and deliver cross functional projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying and mitigating risks, dependencies, jeopardies and contingencies and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You will work with internal customer, as well as network scaling and planning and field technical and operations teams to ensure capacity is available when and where it's needed. You will measure and monitor current performance against SLA and drive to continuously improve the processes and performances toward interval, quality and cost metrics. You will manage network inventory while maintaining the highest level of data integrity. You will work with leased and peering network partners towards faster and better delivery as well as work across network operations teams to identify areas of improvement and efficiency.
- Manage leased asset ordering, delivery, implementation and inventory of backbone circuits, fiber, peering and transit services timely, proactively and accurately and with the utmost of integrity and in compliance with contractual commitments.
- Be responsible for managing delivery of both on and off-net capacity to support all order types (new, add, move, change, migration and disconnect) as proficiently, accurately and promptly as possible, to include but not limited to coordination of necessary work from internal teams or external vendors under existing MSA and Exhibits. Track milestones and proactively drive any activities that may jeopardize orders from completing on time.
- Develop mutually favorable relationships with vendors and collaborate to improve delivery processes and scorecards. Act as an externally facing point of contact to coordinate service and operational support from vendors.
- Provide project management support for moderately complex projects and cross functional projects including migrations, audits and network and cost optimization activities. Manage exceptions and communications risks.
- Streamline processes and work closely with developers to improve the workflow, inventory and provisioning systems
- Apply statistical process control to continuously improve the team’s performance against speed, on time and quality SLA. Contribute to raising the bar and overall improvement of the documentation and records’ accurateness for physical network assets and commercial data information
- Review ticket requirement, reserve router interface, assign patch panel demarcation, design path, secure valid LOA/CFA, track FOC and DLR, request patching between equipment and order cross-connects
- Provide thorough and timely status throughout the entire implementation lifecycle in the order tracking system; including communicating vendor provisioning/install lead times
- Document service requests, escalate as needed, and provided timely and accurate updates
- Arrange remote hands support as needed
- Design, provision, and test delivered services to ensure quality hand-off and engage engineering/IS organizations as required
- Update and maintain circuit database in addition to other tools which store site information and inventory
- Develop effective communication and teamwork with internal customers and vendors
- Support planned systems maintenance activity while minimizing impact to services