The Amazon Exports and Expansion team is looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) to help with new country launches. As a SDE, you will work closely with partners such as Technical Program Managers and Product Managers to execute technical work necessary to launch in a new country. You will also monitor and resolve issues that arise from existing software. High Impact production issues often require coordination between multiple Development, Operations and IT Support groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact with various teams. To succeed in this position, you should be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, possess strong organizational skills, have the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once, and be able to work independently and maintain professionalism under pressure. Ideally, you are able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent them.
In this role you will:
- Setup new environments and make necessary code and configuration changes to allow AEE to launch in new countries
- Find ways to automate and improve work necessary to launch new countries
- In a 24x7 rotation, monitor, troubleshoot, diagnose and fix production software issues based on tickets and alerts
- Develop and improve monitoring solutions
- Perform software maintenance and implement bug fixes
Our mission is to provide a one-stop shopping experience to international customers that includes:
- Product selection and order fulfillment from all of Amazon’s marketplaces.
- Accurate import fee deposit estimation.
- Tailored customer experience with local language, currency, payment methods, end-to-end delivery, shipment tracking, and customs clearance.
We enable customers from over 77 countries to purchase products on Amazon with guaranteed shipping and import duty fees. We seek to improve this experience by making selection available across all Amazon marketplaces, so that customers can search and browse in their preferred language and currency.
To accomplish this, we need to build:
- Machine learning models to classify millions of products eligible for international shipment.
- Algorithms to optimize import duty cost.
- Global ordering platform that handles Amazon’s scale.
- Platform that enables new local payment instruments and supports local currency.