We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build trust of our customers and sellers. Amazon hires the brightest minds, are you one of them?
Amazon has a diverse set of global businesses, and each business has some level of compliance requirements across multiple areas, including Payments, Trade, Human Resources, Tax, Social Responsibility, and others. While the responsibility for maintaining compliance is with the individual business areas, the Enterprise Risk and Compliance team (ERMC) ensures each business has identified their regulatory responsibilities and established effective processes, controls and self-testing to understand the current status of compliance and identify gaps.
Amazon seeks an experienced Investigator Manager to be part of ERMC. The Investigator Manager will ensure that members of the Investigation Team are meeting requirements to support the Denied Party Screening (DPS) Program within Amazon and are accomplishing individual goals to improve and enhance the overall DPS program. The Investigation Manager will work closely with the Sanctions Manager and other key Leads in ERMC to do this. Individual problem-solving and analytical skills are used to authenticate customers and review complex transactions and accounts. Nearly all decisions are expected to be made independently with little guidance and a high degree of accuracy following standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
This person will report to the Sanction Manager and will (as required) liaise with teams outside of ERMC including Transaction Risk Management Services (TRMS) and Amazon Legal. Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Participate in regularly scheduled work load meetings with the Investigation Team. Position members of the Investigation Team appropriately to handle any backlog identified in key areas.
- Schedule one-on-one meetings with members of the Investigation team to address task completion and issues raised by individual team members. Identify areas of opportunity and help to develop roadmaps for each team member to strengthen skills and build their career.
- Participate in meetings with key stakeholders including other ERMC team members, Amazon Legal and TRMS. Prioritize and distribute tasks identified from those meetings to members of the Investigation Team to execute accordingly.
- Identify areas where the Investigation Team can contribute to improving the DPS program. Prioritize work to have the greatest affect without sacrificing any short or long-term goals.
- Work with members of the Investigation Team and TRMS to confirm that standards and goals are met. Reach out to other members of the ERMC team to understand requirements to incorporate into team workflow.
- Assist in identifying gaps and training opportunities for the Investigation Team. Develop solutions that are efficient and easy to implement.
- Serve as a key contributor to standard procedure development and other program documentation.
- Drive metrics reconciliation with ERMC leadership.
- Participate in internal audit reconciliation of investigations for denied parties and sanctions as required.