Interested in Android apps and devices such as Amazon’s Fire Tablets and Fire TV? Are you excited by the challenge and sense of ownership that comes from leading projects at Amazonian scale? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, solving complex operations and technical problems by delivering innovative solutions? Have a passion for digital content and risk management? If so, then we want to talk to you!
We are the team that manages the app catalog for Amazon’s Fire Tablets and Fire TVs. The Amazon Appstore team leverages Amazon’s experience in retail, technology, digital content, and mobile services to build a world-class Appstore experience for devices such as the Kindle Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Android-based smartphones. Devices are becoming increasingly sophisticated and pervasive, and they are enabling customers to access content, applications, and services anywhere. This team drives the ingestion and certification process for every android app in our store. This involves managing the entire app lifecycle - from the moment a developer submits to the time it’s live and consumed by the public – to ensure a high-quality experience for Fire Tablet and Fire TV users.
We are seeking an energetic, detail-oriented Program Manager to own the Content Policy program for Amazon’s Appstore. You will develop and manage initiatives to help processing of new submissions and re-submissions to include record creation, download, install, and testing of digital content to ensure it meets Amazon’s high quality bar. You will lead and define the global content policies, risk management strategy, organizational structure, processes, and systems required to manage content operations, on Amazon and non-Amazon Android devices. You will also partner with program and product management teams to propose improvement opportunities, brainstorm solutions, and drive resolution. Above all, you will play a vital role in helping us meet our app selection expansion goals while protecting our high-quality customer experience. The right person for this role will have solid experience delivering successful projects, and managing deadlines and risks across multiple global teams. She/he will be able to effectively communicate, both orally and in written form, to stakeholders and cross-functional team members to deliver scalable programs and launch cool new devices and features to global customers.
Our environment is very fast-paced and requires someone who is flexible, energetic, and a "doer". Someone who’s very detailed oriented with a bias for action who holds high personal standards and is comfortable tracking many threads across many teams. “That’s not my job”, just isn’t something that’s said around here!
As Content Policy Program Manager, you will own end-to-end project & process delivery for Content Policy projects and coordinate across multiple cross-functional and globally-based teams to make things happen. You and your team will deliver results when faced with ambiguous circumstances and roadblocks. Your judgment and intuition are right, a lot, and you know when to ask the right questions. As a Content Policy Program Manager you will manage the team to:
- Scope and deliver business-critical initiatives with end-to-end program’s strategy and roadmap for a global program – Content Policy
- You and your team will document requirements, write clear and detailed functional specifications, and drive delivery of projects in close collaboration with other team members.
- Own Content Policy, manage the creation of policies and identify and drive operational process improvements and system enhancements.
- Provide subject matter expertise to Appstore stakeholders and represent the Content Policy team to senior Appstore leadership. Drive Content Policy escalations to closure.
- Download, install, and test apps on Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and non-Amazon devices to ensure digital content adheres to Amazon’s app security policies and quality bar.
- Work with the program management teams to address content issues as required.
- Maintain detailed and accurate evaluation notes on issue tracking.
- Identify and champion process improvement ideas and systems enhancements that could increase the productivity or quality of our content operations.
- Play a vital role in helping us meet our daily catalog goals while protecting our high-quality customer experience.
- Work closely with the broader Amazon team to triage, address, and resolve issues.
- Audit assumptions and drive change with data-driven analysis and decision-making.