The Amazon Appstore business is a platform that drives innovation in the mobile apps and games ecosystem. We won’t settle for the status-quo and believe that consumers and developers deserve more from the current app stores in the market. Our team is looking for a Sr. Economist who can influence the path of our entire business and provide sound strategic counsel to our senior leadership.
You will be joining the Appstore Business Operations and Analytics organization, but you will be working regularly across the entire Appstore business as well as our partners across Amazon such as the Fire Devices program, Alexa, and Digital Products. We need an Economist to improve Appstore’s overall business performance in terms of acquisition, retention, and profitability. We believe this is possible by helping business leaders make better strategic decisions through the use of sound methodology and scientific frameworks.
In this role:
* You will be dealing with the methodological issues when trying to measure attribution and causality.
* You will be our lead to liaise with fellow Economists from these partner teams.
* You will set business strategy based on application of scientific principles and frameworks.
* You will help direct the work of our analytics teams, set the bar on publishing standards, and ensure the quality of our research output.
* You will have the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and construct your own experiments and research.
* You will develop the frameworks and decision theory necessary to inform analytical research projects and then deploy these models into econometric systems.
* You will own these models and have the opportunity to improve them or discover better methods.
* You will seek an understanding, at a very deep level, of the mobile app consumer and developer preferences within the marketplace. * You will influence product development backed by analytical insights.
The ideal candidate will:
* Unlock value for our customers by bridging the gap across our product plans, our customers product preferences, and the Amazon ecosystem.
* Own the process of measuring event causality; from data collection to modeling to working with internal customers of the data.
* Drive the business towards improved pricing and promotion strategy. This means doing the necessary analysis and it also means working with the forecasting team, finance team, leadership and others to build consensus around the model assumptions and inputs.
* Think creatively - we are not looking for someone that will just estimate models and write analyses. We want someone that will take it to the next level in terms of how to square decision making theory and marketplace modeling with Amazon's core business tenet of customer obsession.
* Generate impact - we want someone obsessed with impact. We don’t want someone that is just interested in finding patterns in the data. We want someone that understands how to turn those discoveries into value for our customers every day.
econjobsAmazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.