Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply state-of-the-art computer technologies to solve real world problems? Do you want to affect not only internal users but Retail customers worldwide? In Retail Systems, you will pave the future of Amazon Retail, enhancing how we do business and our effectiveness as a player in the global e-commerce. Amazon has risen to the top of online retail, but there is still a lot of work to be done to remain competitive and find new opportunities.
As a senior leader of Amazon's Vendor System organization, you will be a key player in driving Amazon's Retail business; the bread and butter of Amazon. Vendor System organization is streamlining many of the business processes that run Amazon Retail. You will lead an organization with multiple development teams to solve technical challenges in optimization, large-scale computing, distributed systems, web applications, scalability, security, and algorithms just to name a few. You will drive future solutions that will impact how we run the Retail business worldwide and interface with many teams, both technical and non-technical, across the company. Responsibilities:
- Create, prioritize, communicate, manage, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
- Work closely with business partners to understand, participate and drive requirements, priorities, and processes
- Hire, coach, and mentor development managers and individual contributors; build an effective cross-functional organization
- Work closely with senior developers and development managers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Drive innovation. Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
- Set clear, measurable goals for an organization in a data-driven way
Personal traits not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment, are right a lot
- Hire and develop the best people
- Able to dive deep and never out of touch with the details of the business
- Strong results orientated approach.
- Thinks big and have a bias for Action
- Deal well with ambiguity