Amazon Web Services is seeking a seasoned Senior Product Manager to help us define and build high performance virtualized cloud storage products for Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS), which provides block storage for EC2. EC2 enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazons industry leading cloud computing infrastructure and changes the economics of computing by allowing them to pay for only what they use. As a Sr. Technical Product Manager and member of EBS, you'll work with an outstanding development team building one of the largest storage services in the world.
In this role, you will have the chance to use your experience in platform level products and services to define our product strategy and develop the business with a full scope of ownership spanning inbound to outbound product management. You will own product planning in roadmap and feature definition as well as pricing, GTM, pricing model innovation, P&L optimization. You will own marketing in positioning, promotion, and sales enablement. You will work directly with executive leaders of customers and partners of all sizes and segments iterating on our product vision and driving business development.
The product management role at AWS is a broad one. We need business owners who can scale in perspective from strategic vision development with direct interaction with the AWS senior leadership team to tactical product development and sales execution. Successful PMs will work directly with customers and partners directly to identify unmet needs and will work with engineering to define creative solutions that deliver an excellent customer experience. There are no product requirements documents thrown over the wall to the development team in this business. We value product managers who want to sit with the developers and dig into the details as owners of the service where we define, develop, and ship new services and features in periods measured in months.
As a Senior Product Manager you will:
- Understand our customers inside and out
- Identify both articulated and un-articulated customer needs
- Lead teams, directly or by influence, that drive the Amazon EBS business forward
- Develop the Amazon EBS product strategy and vision and translate it into creative, high quality, simple project features
- Make the business decisions that grow adoption and usage of Amazon EBS. Set prices, target the right customers, and focus our investments in the right areas.
- Work closely with engineering teams, design, and program management in an agile environment to deliver products to market
- Launch new features and makes sure our sales, marketing, and PR teams are telling the most compelling Amazon EBS story
The successful candidate will be a tenacious, ambitious, self-starter with a passion for building great products, who can serve as a strong advocate for our developer, corporate, and consumer customers. You will have proven analytical capabilities, strong writing skills, internet business experience, and the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment. You must have a deep understanding of customer needs, the competitive landscape and be able translate customer needs into features, pricing models, and merchandising opportunities to deliver an unparalleled customer experience.