Elemental (an AWS company) is the leading supplier of software-defined video solutions for multiscreen content delivery, and we are looking for a Principal Software Development Engineer
to join us on our storage team, building the first media-optimized cloud storage service in the world.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for building a new cloud architecture on top of AWS’s best-in-class services. You’ll be a technical leader on the team, solving complex scaling, performance and reliability problems that come with storing, managing and delivering exabytes of media content. Your job is to simplify the storage and management of content for our customers, so they can focus on delivering the best media experiences for theirs.
This role requires outstanding programming skills, and a passion for creating robust distributed systems. As a key member of the team, you will contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, implementation and testing. You should be willing to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done. You should have an entrepreneurial spirit, love autonomy, know how to deliver, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems. We are looking for leaders!
What You’ll Do:
- Architect and build new cloud-based deployment strategies
- Define and achieve performance metrics, and instill the operational practices needed to sustain them
- Participate in the hiring of future team members and mentoring of other engineers
- Learn a tremendous amount about modern media technologies
- Make a significant contribution to launching a new cloud-based architecture
- Become an expert on AWS tooling and operational practices
- Launch at least one customer deployment that wouldn’t have happened without you
- Have fun in a challenging but rewarding environment