Amazon is looking for people-oriented Plant Managers to fill Senior Operations leadership roles within the Worldwide Operations organization. There are open positions in many locations nationwide with full relocation provided.
Our senior operations leaders play a crucial role in exceeding expectations and providing a superb customer experience; critical to Amazon’s success which is built on a foundation of customer obsession, and innovation. Your background as a manufacturing plant manager will give you the ability to balance strategy and execution in our complex, automated environment. You will be responsible for all aspects of the operations including people management and development, process, and meeting or exceeding the expectations and promise made to our customers. You will lead a dynamic team of Operations and Area Managers to achieve operational excellence through coaching and mentoring the team; driving employee engagement, and building leadership bench strength within the operation network.
As a senior leader you may oversee upwards of 1,000+ salaried and hourly employees, in our fast-paced facilities that can exceed a million square feet. You will serve as the face of the organization to thousands of employees and the community where the center is located. This position offers unlimited career potential as we continue to grow our global footprint.
Strategic Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Owns and delivers the operational budget for functional area, including safety, productivity, financial and labor planning, and operational goals for outbound, or inbound operations
- Responsible for providing strategic level/long-term planning (3, 6, and 12 months out) including labor planning, rate forecasting, and peak season planning
- Drives continuous improvement projects to optimize operations and improve productivity to meet and exceed business objectives; works on strategic projects that have total building and network-wide impact. Effectively leverages the Operations and Area Managers to solicit ideas and understand problems and challenges in the building.
- Networks with other leaders across the network to solicit and share process improvements and drive efficencies and cost savings.
- Establishes objectives and metrics for safety, quality, productivity, and customer experience
- Sets clear goals and expectations for Operations and Area Managers. Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds leaders accountable
- Mentors and develops leaders and staff
- Participates in recruiting to identify and evaluate associates and internal/external candidates for promotion and hire.
- Works closely with support staff (HR, Finance, Maintenance Engineering, Safety, IT and other leaders) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives
Additional Job Elements:
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation.
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation