Amazon is seeking a highly-intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated, and creative PR professional to lead strategic communications in support of our operations and transportation policy priorities. The ideal candidate will have a track record of consistently delivering results on a range of high profile policy issues for a complex company or organization. She or he will be able to build and execute successful communications campaigns related to operations and transportation policy, deftly manage inbound inquiries on a range of subjects, and drive awareness among key media and influencers of Amazon’s positive impact on customers and communities. The role is based in Washington, D.C.
Core Job Responsibilities:
· Develop and manage a broad range of external communications programs and events in support of Amazon’s operations and transportation policy goals;
· Establish and foster local, regional and national media relationships by serving as a trusted source and educator about Amazon;
· Seek out and/or create opportunities to further Amazon’s engagement in strategic public policy issues;
· Actively promote Amazon’s presence in the operations and transportation policy community;
· Deliver communications counsel to Amazon executives on both short- and long-term challenges and opportunities, earning trust with executives across many parts of Amazon’s business;
· Drive issues management programs with an operations or transportation policy component and serve as key communications counselor on crisis issues; and
· Prepare Amazon executives to serve as spokespeople and also occasionally serve as a spokesperson yourself.
Proven ability, willingness, and desire to:
· Exercise extremely high judgment and standards, particularly in narrow timeframes;
· Think and communicate clearly – formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it;
· Work hard and smart;
· Develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges;
· Deal with ambiguity – form a cohesive and effective outcome from potentially incongruous facts (or lack thereof) and individual perspectives;
· Roll up sleeves and get work done, even when at times it’s outside the scope of the job; and
· Pay painstaking attention to important details.