Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Senior Software development Manager will be part of the Echo software organization and will be responsible for leading multiple teams including BSP, Frameworks, and Audio for the Echo family of devices - Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, and related devices.
As a Senior Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for hiring and leading teams of framework and low level engineers to create software for devices in the Echo family. In this position you will partner with the hardware team, the Android team, the Connectivity team, product managers, project managers and other internal resources. You will also own relationships with vendors and partners for related technology.
The Senior Software Development Manager will provide technical leadership and management. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence: low level system background, a good understanding of hardware, and the ability to build new device services that connect to cloud services. In addition, it will require demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions and focus on improving performance and reliability. The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring engineering teams. In this role, you will:
· Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
· Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring and enhance and maintain a best-in-class engineering team.
· Maintain and improve existing software
· Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
· Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management