The successful candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be the technical “face” of AWS within our solution providers’ ecosystem/environment as well as directly to end customers. He or she will be able to drive discussions with senior technical and management personnel within customers and partners, as well as the technical background that enables him or her to interact with and give guidance to software developers, IT pros, and system architects. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. Finally, and of critical importance, the candidate will be an excellent technical team manager, someone who knows how to hire, develop, and retain high quality technical talent.
- The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess software design and development and/or IT and networking implementation/consulting experience in relevant markets.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations. Executive speaking and presentation skills including formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
- Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of software development and engineering practices as well as Internet/web and SOA/web services technologies highly desired.
- Management experience with small or mid-sized technical teams, and a positive and mentoring management style suitable for hiring and retaining the best talent. Experience hiring and managing a team of top-notch technologists.
- Web services development/deployment experience, IT systems and network engineering experience, security and compliance experience, software engineering experience, etc.
- Operational experience with website/web services as well as traditional IT operations, management, and security experience.
- Business understanding of cloud computing as a fundamentally disruptive technical and business strategy; market analysis; cost benefit analysis, RFP/Acquisition support; etc.
- Advisory/consulting experience with educational institutions, state and local governments.
For more information, please visit https://aws.amazon.com/education/ Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.