Join the team that just launched the first-ever Amazon Books retail store. We’ve applied Amazon’s 20 years of online bookselling experience to build a store that integrates the benefits of offline and online book shopping. We opened our first store in Seattle, in November 2015, followed by La Jolla and Portland in 2016, and Boston, Chicago, New York, and more to come in 2017. Yet, it is very much still Day One.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us make Amazon Books the world’s most customer-centric bookstore and a place that customers love to shop. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
As Sr. Learning Experience Designer, Digital Content, you will identify needs and create effective, scalable, and engaging learning solutions that allow our stores team to deliver an excellent customer experience and run an efficient operation. You will be a founding member of a team that will develop, manage, and deliver training for associates, leads, and managers, to ensure that they are trained to perform their job efficiently, effectively, and safely. You will play a central role in implementing our associate-centric leadership philosophy and support our leadership teams as they facilitate rapid innovation. You will engage needed resources by building collaborative relationships, coordinate with stakeholders to identify learning requirements and then drive to innovative learning solutions. You will interact at all levels across the business, which requires strong communication skills plus the ability to influence and convey complex issues using easy to understand solutions.
- Perform needs and task analysis, scope projects, and evaluate existing documentation to define the most appropriate learning solution and implementation plan to support performance-based learning objectives.
- Serve as lead for complex, cross-functional projects.
- Create compelling, creative, learner-centered images, infographics, animations, interactive media, eLearnings, and videos that are scalable and easy-to-maintain.
- Shoot and edit footage to create video narratives, tutorials, interviews, or other didactic content.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and initiatives from analysis to evaluation.
- Propose and promote standards for style guides, branding, and templates to enhance the team’s ability for rapid digital development.
- Proactively identify process improvements, determines root causes and blockers, and designs solutions.
- Stay abreast of the latest innovations and best-practices in the eLearning and instructional design community to aid experimentation and adoption of best practices.
Digital portfolio (of video, multimedia, eLearning) requested.
Note: This is a Seattle-based role.