Are you passionate about customer behavior? Would you like to be part of the next big thing while it’s still day one? Does the opportunity to solve one of Amazon’s complex problems to unlock a huge opportunity excite you?
If so, read on. You’ll be designing experiences from the ground up. This is a huge opportunity to think big about delivering exciting and helpful features, beautiful visuals, and elegant new experiences for Amazon customers – and we want it to be AMAZING!
You’ll get to work in on many different user experiences across the website from product discovery to product detail pages and landing pages for new programs and for every form factor: desktop, mobile, tablet and voice. You will work with multiple facets of design, from designing user interfaces from individual widgets to full page layouts, working on branding of new programs and daily production visuals. From icons to full bleed photography. From static images to cinemagraphs with animation in between.The Role
As a Senior UX designer and Amazon Imagineer, you will be a key team member within a team of experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design very innovative consumer products. Our team is seeking a passionate and customer-centric Sr. UX Designer to reimagine the digital shopping UX. Many of our experiences are incredibly visual, and we are looking for a designer interested in pushing the boundaries of Amazon design to build amazing digital experiences. You’ll think strategically about how to solve customer shopping challenges, be inventive about creating new digital shopping experiences and features, and contribute your big ideas. You will collaborate across the company in an agile working environment working with product managers, the technical team, user research, and other designers to present your bold design concepts.
Initially, you be an army of one, but over time help grow the department. Who you are:
You are someone who known for being passionate about design. You have a strong creative vision as well as hands-on interaction and visual design skills to translate your vision into successful products and features. You’re a designer that gives attention to interactions, animations and transitions. You’re also not afraid to do a little guerilla usability. You have an established background in creating customer-facing experiences, have a strong visual design portfolio, can balance mobile and web experiences equally, use excellent project management skills, and great communication skills, and you’re a strong collaborator. You’re able to operate independently to create visually stunning designs and interactive prototypes for a technical team, as well as give multimedia demos and presentations to communicate your vision. Experience collaborating with developers is a must.
- Excellent communication (written and spoken), presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across teams as well as an ability to drive closure to indecision and/or conflict.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- High UX design quality standards. You “design like you’re right, and listen like you’re wrong”.
- Ability to create and test high fidelity prototypes, as well as document and present your findings.
- Ability to “think big” – you design simple and elegant solutions to complex UX problems. You whip up concepts and can support your brilliant ideas with data.
- The ability to manage ambiguity and work autonomously
- The ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule