Within this role, you will build a strong relationship with client business teams, gaining a deep understanding of their business needs and the data necessary to support their processes. Leveraging your deep expertise in logical and conceptual data modeling, data management and meta-data management, you will work with business teams, end-users, and application owners to define data relationships across multiple data sources.
As a Data Modeler you will be responsible for creating and modifying conceptual, logical and physical data models to support a new SaaS Solution (Salesforce), PeopleSoft and Workday . You will be required to work with developers and business analysts, data engineer to model the data (using data modeling techniques i.e snowflake, Star, Dimensional data modeling (Kimball methodology), conform to naming standards, maintain the data models in Erwin, Salesforce generating DDL and managing DDL across various environments (dev, test, uat, production). You will also have data management experience to successfully create metadata, business definitions, data related policies and data profiling using SQL. Responsibilities:
· Work with the Data Solution Manager to determine high level data strategy for PeopleSoft Data
· Logical data modeling in Salesforce tool for creating Data Objects
· Work closely with business and IT subject matter experts and map their requirements into Conceptual and Logical Data Models
· Manage the Data Model repository maintenance and for the development and administration of the appropriate roles.
· Create logical and physical data models for operational applications
· Provide data governance to ensure corporate data standards are met.
· Participate in ETL design and acts as the subject matter expert on source and target data structures.
· Occasionally participate in SQL query tuning on Oracle (SQL proficiency needed)
· Produce data models and related documentation that can be understood and reviewed by a business audience
· Reverse engineer data from various systems
· Conduct other data analysis tasks including source system analysis and data profiling
· Identify opportunities to unify disparate but common data concepts across multiple enterprise systems
· Work with appropriate business and IT leads to incorporate data modeling and data quality best practices into IT solutions roadmaps
· Communicate and build consensus with other groups regarding data definitions, data solutions, and available implementation options
· Revise ETL mapping specifications and/or stored procedures as required.
· Development: Develop/modify/test data to populate new tables and columns until the ETL team can develop Informatica mappings to replace the stored procedures.