Are you passionate about building systems that process massive amounts of data? Are you excited by developing and productionizing both proven and experimental machine learning and computer vision algorithms? Do you enjoy working with a huge diversity of engineers, machine learning scientists, and user-experience designers? If so, you have found the right match!
The Amazon Fashion team is looking for scientists capable of using machine learning, data mining, computer vision, and natural language processing techniques on large-scale datasets to design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions that directly impact Amazon.com’s revenue.
Fashion is extremely fast-moving, visual, subjective, and it presents numerous unique challenges in areas such as product recommendations, product discovery and data quality. The Softlines Fashion Science team builds large-scale machine learning systems to address these. We leverage the massive computing power of Amazon Web Services to build data pipelines for hundreds of millions of products. We use deep learning to analyze millions of product images and automatically apply visual attributes to our catalog using computer vision techniques. Our data is used by numerous front-end teams to deliver amazing experiences to customers all around the world.
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of Amazon's data to help automate and optimize key features and processes
- Use machine learning, data mining, natural language processing, and computer vision techniques to generate powerful feature representations and create data driven models and solutions to improve discoverability and customer experience
- Work closely with software engineering teams to implement those solutions
- Work closely with stakeholders to optimize various business objectives
- Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis
- Research and implement novel machine learning and computer vision approaches