Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Fire phone, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history. The Role:
The Senior Software development Manager will be part of the Computer Vision/ML software organization and will be responsible for leading product development of multiple technologies across mobile app, cloud, and device software for the novel family of products.The Senior Software Development Manager will provide technical leadership and management. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence shipping consumer products. In addition, it will require demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment.
- The ideal candidate will be passionate developing quality, simple and elegant software solutions and focus on improving performance and reliability. The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring engineering teams. We also expect you will thrive working in a highly technical, data driven, open and dynamic environment.
In this role, you will:
- Own the development products from the pre-concept to launch phases.
- Participate to construct the long-term vision of our product the roadmap
- Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring and enhance and maintain a best-in-class engineering team.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Maintain and improve existing software
- Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
- Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management
- Partner with the hardware, FireOS, connectivity, and services teams, AWS, QA, product managers, trials, project managers and other internal resources.
- Own relationships with vendors and partners for related technology.