Amazon Campus is a strategic new initiative focused on engaging college students at physical locations in and around universities across America. We have launched multiple fully staffed pickup points offering convenient locations to collect and return Amazon orders in Purdue, UMass Amherst, UC Santa Barbara, University of Cincinnati, UC Berkeley and many more locations with expedited shipping benefits. In 2017 we plan to launch more locations to scale up the Campus business and help our customers get what they want in the fastest possible way. If your imagination can capture the scale of our challenge and you are getting goosebumps right now, then reach out to us.
The Amazon Campus Design team is seeking an experienced Senior Visual Experience Designer to join us in our swanky South Lake Union office in Seattle. The Senior Visual Experience Designer will collaborate with UX and visual designers to lead the design efforts for our customers and work with marketing and physical store design teams to establish a consistent visual design language while maintaining Amazon aesthetics, standards and brand integrity in our products. They will create elegant, innovative and scalable visual design systems that will fade the boundaries between our digital and physical store ecosystem. They will lead and support the development of junior designers to ensure continuous development and progress of the team. They must be able to initiate and handle multiple projects to create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Their key responsibilities will be:
- Contribute to the design and maintenance of a comprehensive visual framework to establish consistent aesthetics across product, marketing and physical stores team.
- Deliver innovative visual designs for new and current product and features.
- Deliver and maintain documentation for all the visual standards and guidelines.
- Work with UX designers, product managers, copywriters and development teams to ensure visual integrity in final products.
- Mentor junior designers to support their development and ensure continuous progress of the team.
- Help in hiring to create a strong design team.
Candidates must demonstrate Amazon’s leadership qualities and discuss relevant work materials during the phone and in-person interviews.