Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Amazon is looking for an experienced Operation Manager to join our Direct Import team to manage Operation from Origin. The position is based in Shenzhen. Background
Amazon EU Sarl is enhancing its capabilities to source directly from the factories of its major suppliers abroad. This is enlarging the depth of the Amazon Supply Chain fundamentally. For this purpose we set up an EU Operation Management team in Shenzhen to develop the according strategies and tactics.
As Operation Manager you will drive process reengineering to enhance existing logistics and shipping operations in vendors. You have end-to-end business ownership of all import processes from manufacturer to the arrival in our Fulfillment Centers. In addition, manage, design and implement logistics projects and new initiatives from different stakeholders. Manage vendors and Logistic Service Providers’ performances.
This role interacts closely with retail, transport, supply chain and development business partners across Amazon, as well as including vendor, third party logistic facing engagement. The scope of the program includes all Hardlines, Softlines and Consumables categories. Responsibilities
· Manage vendors’ goods on time delivery; Key KPI will be driving vendor on time delivery to 95%
· Manage vessel on time departure; Key KPI will be driving 95% vessel on time departure within 7 days.
· Follow up on any issues within the supply chain; from orders being placed until goods are into FC
· Coordinate among Quality team, Transport team, Logistic Service Provider and vendors for trouble shooting
· Conduct weekly vendor training via Webinars / Onsite; Own and continuously improve vendor self-services and trainings
· Optimize Bonded Logistic Park operations
· Resolve Vendor disputes and manage charge backs for low performing vendors