Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
As a Applied Scientist leader, you have the chance to help develop a new robotic product from the very early stages. We are looking for candidates who want to help define and build this new program in a start-up like environment and manage a team of applied scientists.
Our team is looking for an Applied Scientist to develop new products combining compute vision, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
- Collaborate closely with computer vision and robotics scientists, UX researchers, and Software Development Engineers to help define the scope of the product.
- Take responsibility for technical problem solving, including creatively meeting product objectives and developing best practices.
- Demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals.
- Identify and initiate investigations of new technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and design and validate designs that deliver an exceptional user experience.
- Recruit, hire and develop other applied scientists.
You are a person with a commitment to team work, who enjoys working on complex software systems, is customer centric, and thrives on the challenge of prototyping new systems that will eventually operate at world-wide scale.