Amazon MAKO - Premium Shopping Experience
The Amazon MAKO UX design & research team seeks a thoughtful, creative, and passionate UX Designer to be a part of our team as we build the next generation of shopping for Amazon Devices, including Fire Tablets, Kindle E-readers, Amazon Echo products, Dash Buttons, and more. We are a global multi-channel organization building platforms and programs to support device sales and engagement in physical retail, web, mobile, and voice. Join our team to help us define, design, and build next-generation shopping experiences for our customers.
As Sr. UX Designer, you will define and design interfaces across platforms (desktop, tablet, mobile) for the Amazon Device shopping experience on Amazon.com and tools to streamline processes to make them more efficient for internal customers. You will be responsible for developing best-in-class consumer experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. You will work closely with product management, engineering, marketing, and company leaders to successfully go from early stage concepts to launch.
You are a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into a fantastic customer-focused solution. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to deal with ambiguity within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then being able to drive that vision into solid design deliverables that achieve the customer goals and business requirements.
• Use business requirements and market research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements
• Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
• Design conceptual wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, information architecture diagrams, interaction specifications, and prototypes
• Proactively manage own time and deadlines
• Develop and nurture relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency on Amazon projects
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns