Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation About Amazon
“We actively seek leaders who can invent, think big, have a bias for action and deliver results on behalf of our customers. These principles look very familiar to men and women who have served our country in the armed forces, and we find that their experience leading people is invaluable in our fast-paced work environment.” - Jeff Bezos
At Amazon, thousands of veterans and military spouses are driving innovation and raising the bar on customer experience. On a daily basis, those with military backgrounds are able to apply their knowledge, skills, and leadership abilities in a wide variety of careers – influencing change across the globe. We believe a career change from the military to a civilian role at Amazon is a natural transition because of the robust programs Amazon offers to help employees succeed, including a vast internal network of veterans that offer mentoring, learnings, and support.
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us: minority, female, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation. Amazon Operations
Operations is at the heart of Amazon business. We are known for our speed, accuracy and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. In these key roles, you’ll come in to help us exceed productivity goals and deliver against our customer promises. Our scale is expansive and our presence is growing - some of our centers across the United States and Canada are over 1 million square feet! Our goal is simple: to offer the world’s greatest selection of products and services with the world’s best customer experience. The Role
As an Operations Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead an inbound operation, outbound operation, or a functional process on a specified shift or across multiple shifts within an Amazon Fulfillment Center. You will be responsible for leading, developing, and engaging a team of exceptional talent that makes innovation possible; one of your main focuses will be motivating, mentoring, and coaching your team to become the best leaders they can be. To achieve this, Operations Managers are creative problem solvers who are able to dream in immense scale, interpret big data, and deliver meaningful results that keenly drive productivity and efficiency. Some of the position’s key responsibilities include:
· Supporting all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates and managers
· Leading and developing a team of 3-7 Area Managers (front-line supervisors) and 100-300 hourly associates by embodying Amazon’s Leadership Principles
· Acting as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency, and taking corrective action when needed
· Mentoring, training, and developing teammates for career progression, performance improvement, and recognition purposes
· Creating, communicating, and maintaining quality control policies and standard work procedures to Area Managers and associates
· Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives using Lean tools to delight customers
· Building and delivering productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Operations Managers to balance labor
· Evaluating performance objectives and metrics to determine inbound or outbound productivity requirements to achieve customer time, accuracy, and quality expectations
· Partnering with other managers to share best practices across shifts and the network
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen. Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical warehouse activities with or without reasonable accommodation. These activities include the following:
· Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each
· Bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
· Frequent walking in the building and around area; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Standing and walking for up to 10-12 hours a day
· Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation What do we offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1 and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. We grant each employee ownership in the company, including Amazon stock awards and a matching 401(k) program. But, if you’re not in it for those perks, here is one more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.