Want to transform the way people enjoy video? Come join the team that made Fire TV, Amazon Video, Dish live TV, Hulu, Showtime and more available to Alexa customers. We are building a platform so that anyone can leverage the power of Alexa to ensure customers get to the content they care about, faster.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. We’re looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
This role reports to the single-threaded leader for Video in the Alexa Entertainment group and will manage software development and engineering teams focused on enabling customers to use voice to interact with the entertainment devices within and about their homes.
You have a demonstrated capability of driving dev-ops operational excellence for Internet scale services. You start with the customer and work backwards. Your technical knowledge and expertise is broad and deep. You have experience designing, building, and operating public APIs at Internet scale. The systems you build support highly complex business requirements, and scale with simple and elegant solutions that are highly decoupled. You raise the bar for hiring, developing, motivating, and retaining engineering talent. You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment where new value is delivered to customers weekly.
As a Sr. Manager for Software Development for Alexa's Entertainment capabilities, you will be responsible for the invention of disruptive technologies designed to simplify and personalize consumer customers' media consumption experiences. The problem space spans IoT-scale (billions of devices) cloud services, home entertainment devices, and low-latency, secure, and reliable, home networks. It involves challenging customer experience problems as well as developing 3rd party ecosystems.
You will be joining a select group of a people making history producing one of the most highly rated products in Amazon's history.
As a software development leader you will...
- Lead teams of software engineers in the design, development, test, deployment and operation of the Entertainment capabilities of Alexa.
- Contribute directly to our growth by hiring smart and motivated engineers and managers to establish teams that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver what our customers need.
- Be responsible for ensuring sanity of architecture, operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time.
- Work closely with other teams across Alexa and AWS to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership.
- Mentor a large group of people and lead as a manager of managers with a direct handle on the pulse of each employee on your team.
- Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations to drive excellence through your organization.
- Represent your business and operations to the highest level of leadership within Amazon on a weekly basis.