Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. The Amazon Device team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Echo.
Kindle is the best-selling product in the history of Amazon.com and is recognized as one of the most innovative and popular consumer electronics devices on the market. Fire tablets have brought similar innovation and success into the market, with deep integration to the world’s largest digital ecosystem of over 33 million movies, TV shows, magazines, newspapers, books, songs, apps, and games. Amazon Fire TV brings innovative voice search and high quality gaming to the streaming media player category. And the new Amazon Echo is a new device designed completely around your voice. It's always on—allowing you to ask for information, music, news, weather, and more. It is just Day 1 for Amazon devices and we are looking for proven, customer centric product leaders to help continue to innovate and grow our device business.
This critical role will continue to build and grow on our success, specifically leading our Kindle product management team. He or she will manage a product management team that owns driving our global product strategy and vision, our short and long-term product roadmap, and end-to-end customer experience.
This person will lead the Kindle E-Reader product line with responsibility for:
- Creating, sponsoring and driving organization commitment for the product vision and roadmap for the Kindle product line, including the Hardware, software, and customer experience.
- Developing a product that represents the best customer experience available in the market and offers a unique value proposition. Success here will be a function of incredible attention to every detail of every element of the customer experience.
- Leading and driving a matrixed team to deliver a world class user experience and design, including deep integration with Amazon content and services.
- Leading and driving a matrixed team to speed ideation, planning, design, and development of new products and features across the organization
- Leading and executing product management through strong influence and collaboration across delivery resources.
- Partnering with other functions, including engineering, marketing, and content to produce the best quality product and services as a team.
- Ultimately delivering breakthrough products that exceed customer expectations and surpass all competitor offerings, that meet or exceed the unit volume and financial economic goals for the product line