Amazon Alexa team is seeking a Web Development Engineer to help reshape the way developers create, publishing, discover and interact with Alexa Skills. About Us
Alexa is the voice service that powers Amazon Echo allowing users to interact with Skills using natural language. Since launch we have over 10K+ skills in the skill store and are growing fast. The addition of third party skills such as Capital One, Uber, Pizza hut and many others is making Amazon Echo a must-have device.
The Alexa Skills Kit is a collection of self-service APIs and SDK, that allow developers to build and publish their skills. It also provides documentation, analytics and code samples that make it fast and easy for developers to add skills to Alexa. The goal is to empower developers and create a rich ecosystem of quality Skills for our customers. We are a team of innovators who bias for action and solve exciting and challenging problems. About You
Our team is looking for a Web Development Engineer with experience in building scalable front end interfaces. You will play an instrumental role in defining the system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the overall experience. You’ll collaborate closely with UX engineers, and other SDE team members to help define the product. Your practical experience and high level of skill is demonstrated in elegant, fluid, feature-rich UIs that enables productivity. You will take responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product objectives, and developing best practices. You will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals. You are a person with a commitment to team work, who enjoys working on cutting edge technology, is customer centric, and thrives on the challenge of building something new that operates at world-wide scale. You will provide the technical leadership to the team, drive best practices, mentor other engineers and drive continuous improvements in engineering excellence to support our rapid evolution and growth of the transportation network and in the process solve some of the most challenging problems. About us together
Together we will build the tools, SDK’s publishing systems and discovery mechanisms that help third party developers build skills on Amazon. We will design and develop systems and enhancements for new ideas that will expand the number of skills for Amazon Echo. We will build the tools necessary to make skill development as frictionless as possible for our developers and analytics that will help them build the best of class skills that delight our customers. We will solve ambiguous problems, create prototypes for new ideas, help each other be better engineers and have fun while doing these things.
· Think big, bringing fresh ideas and interactions that make Alexa skills development easy and intuitive
· You take a long-term view of architecture, proactively fixing deficiencies and/or proposing larger projects.
· You understand the business impact of your systems and show good judgment when making technical trade-offs.
· You are a key influencer in team strategy.
· You bring perspective and provide context to guide future technology choices.
· Your code submissions and approach to work are exemplary. You write software that is easy for others to contribute to.
· You drive engineering best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards.
· When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus).
· You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and engineering practices.
· You ensure your team is stronger because of your presence, but does not require your presence to be successful