Alexa Data Services (ADS) provides a wide range of data creation, curation and analytics services to internal Amazon stakeholders. We are looking for an experienced Sr. Launch Manager to join our Expansion Team to ensure new data centers are launched successfully and on-time. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is able to prioritize and deliver on deadlines with minimal supervision, has the ability to persuade, inspire and motivate others and drive results. The role requires a very effective communicator with superior relationship building skills. The candidate must have operations and project management experience and should be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment and be able to partner with multiple stakeholders across the company. She/he will need to understand the complexities of a high growth, fast-paced, high performing organization and can handle multiple, abstract projects while dealing with constant change. Responsibilities:
· Develop and execute a data center launch program
· Coordinate across teams across Alexa Data Services (ML, product management, tech, recruiting, capacity planning, operations, etc.)
· Track and manage multiple timelines, and develop a communication plan for all key stakeholders regarding program details, status updates, key risks, mitigation plans and process/plan changes.
· Develop progress and success metrics for safety, quality, efficiency, associate experience and customer experience (people, process, product and site readiness).
· Displaying judgment to rapidly deploy existing or variations of existing technology to meet aggressive timelines
· Developing and then leveraging strong vendor relationships to realize cost savings