Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
Amazon is seeking an experienced team manager to develop and manage data associates to support our speech and language technology. S/he will become an expert in the dialog evaluation processes. The Team Manager will build, support train and lead a team of Data Analysts in Boston and partner closely with Program Manager(s) to ensure data quality and volume demands are maintained week over week.
The Team Manager must have a passion for data, efficiency, accuracy, and coaching & developing others. Specifically, the Team Manager will:
- Manage job assignment of up to 40 data associates on a day-to-day basis monitoring performance on job or queue adherence, volume, and quality
- Support hiring and training of new Data Analysts
- Ensure productivity is maximized through supervision, training, analysis, and feedback of performance data on a periodic basis
- Develop the work schedule for the week by balancing work across various workflows (transcription, verification, annotation, etc.) and/or navigating competing delivery priorities
- Liaise with Program Management and other global operations team leads to manage risks & propose mitigation strategies
- Track quality and utilization metrics
- File and track tickets, following up on blocks to productivity
- Provide regular, formal & informal feedback to up to 40 data associates (direct reports)
- Identify and help implement process-related improvement using methodologies such as Kaizen, six sigma, or lean