Twitch, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon, and the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, is looking for Accounting Manager based in Seattle. Amazon and Twitch are looking for a bar-raising individual who thrives in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to Twitch’s expansive growth!
This position supports and can directly influence the launches of some of Twitch’s newest global business initiatives. This leader will work closely with the global financial systems team, accounting operations teams, tax, treasury, and others and represent the accounting organization to various stakeholders. In addition, the Twitch manager will partner with our operational accounting and business finance groups in developing strategic solutions to support our high growth rate through launch methodology design and training, creation of accounting tools used to support new launches and design inputs to longer-term platform development.
Candidates will work in a fast-paced environment, manage through ambiguity and complexity whilst supporting multiple, simultaneous project launches impacting Twitch and Amazon’s global accounting team. This position is expected to have sufficient finance/accounting experience to help the new business launch team identify and incorporate necessary reporting, have a solid understanding of computing system interaction and can identify internal control elements into systems or tools to support new business activities. This role requires excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to senior leadership.
Successful candidates for this manager level positon will have a minimum of six years professional experience in similar positions in larger public companies or public accounting firm. Candidate experience should cover financial processes, project management, accounting requirements documentation, process design, and user acceptance testing responsibilities. Demonstrated experience in leading teams to accomplish unusually complex challenges will be expected as this is an ongoing requirement for this position.
Job responsibilities will include:
· Working independently and act as the primary point of contact from accounting, while helping develop solutions for Twitch’s growth and expansion
· Responsibility for delivery of complex cross functional projects
· Identifying and communicating project risks to senior leadership, along with clear recommendations for resolution or mitigation.
· Have direct responsibility and ownership in executing large scale process improvement opportunities within new business launches and existing processes and controls, including defining scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with senior leadership and stakeholders.
· Identify, develop and transition new processes to support month-end general ledger close activities, monthly account reconciliations and reviews, and preparation of various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs.
· Coordinate with the global accounting and Twitch accounting teams to establish and maintain strong communication channels. About Twitch
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv