Do you want to play a central role in telling the stories behind best-in-class shipping, shopping and digital benefits to millions of Prime members worldwide? If so, come join the Prime team. Your role will be at the heart of Amazon’s explosive growth.
We are seeking a visionary, highly entrepreneurial, results-oriented leader for a new role that will own editorial, marketing and growth strategies for Prime Insider, a new, large and growing multi-channel publication of high-quality curated content that tells the story of Amazon Prime to millions globally.
This leader will cultivate long-term innovation for the customer and the team, has a strong understanding of the appropriate trade-offs between speed and perfection and can pivot quickly. We’re looking for a seasoned Editorial, Marketing and Product business lead, who has a track record of driving end-to-end execution of new releases across the globe. He/she must know how to bring best practices to a young team and establish rigor in the quality of the team's outputs. He/she should always be thinking of great product and editorial ideas, be extremely effective in influencing up (at the highest levels) and down a management chain to bring others on board with your ideas, from concept to execution. This leader must be passionate about building something new and being a pioneer.
S/he will also serve as a lead in communicating the vision and strategy of the publishing team at an executive level, aligning key stakeholders and partner teams, including owning and driving critical business documentation supporting Publishing team initiatives. The leader will work across Prime benefits teams including but not limited to Movies, Music, Shopping/Retail, and more, to ensure that the most compelling content is syndicated to members. S/he will also work closely with internal marketing partners and platform teams including Email, mobile, on-site, advertising, and devices, to maximize reach. Key to success in this role is the ability to think both from a customer perspective and as a proven Editorial expert, understanding what content is most PR-worthy and the tone in which to engage Prime’s growing member base globally.
Creative-thinking is also critical to this role, as is the ability to forge one’s own path in a highly ambiguous environment, as well as the experience to hire, develop, and grow a talented team of editors, editorial contributors, marketers, product leads. Finally, you must possess an eye for innovation, in order to identify opportunities for scale automation, and then work cross-functionally to implement those ideas.
This role requires a considerable amount of autonomy to execute tasks in a timely manner and to a high degree of quality.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Own Global Strategy for Prime Insider.
- Provide thought leadership, feedback and direction for ongoing content/editorials.
- Manage a team and own work streams across multiple cross functional areas needed to drive editorial, publication, product development and marketing.
- As a thought leader, you’ll challenge yourself and others to raise the bar, create industry-changing, disruptive solutions that are impactful, effective and scalable.
- Understand and assess core product opportunities in order to proactively determine how to best reach each member with the most relevant, exciting and useful content.
- Communicate vision, KPI’s, performance, content and roadmap to Sr. Leaders across Amazon.
- Drive demand for user engagement online and offline
- Liaise with Prime system and business owners to ensure continuous subject matter expertise on our platform, marketing levers and business goals, and establish long-term success of Prime member benefits.