Love data as much as we do? Want to influence at Amazon? We have the career for you.
Amazon is seeking an outstanding Senior ETL/BI programmer analyst to join our BI team to build out the BI platform with all of the data ingestion mechanisms required for the initiative. Our platform delivers business intelligence to a diverse, global community of internal customers from one of the world’s largest and most complex financial data sets. Amazon has culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions using third-party technology and Amazon cloud technologies. A successful candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence ETL tools, is comfortable accessing and working with big data from multiple sources, and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities and deliver results. You should have an internal drive to answer “why?” questions, excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, as well as superior written and verbal communication skills. S/he would be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Responsibilities include:
• Design and development ETL mappings within data integration tools e.g. Informatica.
• Design structured, multi-source data mappings to deliver the dashboards and reports that make data actionable
• Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources to continually improve data quality and implement business logic using efficient transformations.
• Support data analysts and product managers by turning business requirements into functional specifications and then executing delivery
• Lead the technical lifecycle of data presentation from data sourcing to transforming into user-facing metrics.