The Product & Service Discovery (PSD) team at Amazon is looking for a talented Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to help manage our ever-growing information needs and lead the analysis of increasingly complex business questions. At Amazon, you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data environments. The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst occupies a unique role at the intersection of business, technology, finance, statistics, data mining, and social science.
PSD’s vision is to enable customers globally to discover the most relevant products and services through programs that enrich their pre- and post-purchase experience. PSD is organized around large programs: Services Discovery that includes Warranty; and Product Discovery that includes Comparison, Product Bundles and other strategic programs. As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst with PSD, you will define and answer critical business questions ranging from customer behavior to financial projections that will set the strategic direction for the team. You will be responsible for solving important business problems through deep data mining, statistical analyses, and creation of mathematical models. Your analytical solutions and insights will guide our reporting, benchmarking, program optimization, financial planning, and execution strategy.
The successful candidate will be comfortable with advanced SQL, modeling, R Script and data mining techniques. You attack complex business questions with data and curiosity, diving below the surface to identify the root cause and the “so what” rather than just superficial trends. You thrive by providing data-driven decision support and business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. The ability to translate and effectively communicate your insights to a variety of stakeholders is a must.Responsibilities
· Work closely with product and various stakeholders to understand business issues and recommend approaches to ensure business questions are properly answered
· Deep dive into data to find trends and problems. Answer key business questions using SQL, R Script, Excel and other data manipulation tools
· Use experimental design and statistics to assist in the design and measurement of various tests
· Own the design, development, maintenance, and distribution of key business metrics. Take a proactive approach to defining new metrics, reports, and dashboards to improve the visibility into the business areas managed
· Employ data mining, segmentation, and other analytical techniques to capture important trends and create relevant measurement dashboards