Strategic Alliance Manager – Telecom Service Providers
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world class candidate to manage an elite portfolio of strategic AWS technology partners focused in the telecommunications network equipment provider segment. Your job will be to use these strategic partners to help deliver on AWS’ alliance strategy in the telecommunications segment.
Responsibilities will include creating and driving executive-level and field relationships with major telecom infrastructure providers and with the AWS sales field, guiding the development and launch of joint solutions, and executing joint GTM plans globally. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships while managing the day-to-day partner interactions, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall market adoption.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a business development background that enables them to manage joint GTM efforts. This person should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in the telecoms industry. Ability to build and convey compelling value propositions for the jointly developed solutions with is a must. The position requires a strong technical acumen and deep familiarity with (1) telecom service provider environment, (2) cloud and datacenter/hosting infrastructure business in a major global service provider, and (3) Cloud Centric Digital Enterprise products and services. Additionally, the position will require strong commercial understanding of the business models of telecom Service providers such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, etc. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with multiple sales and technical teams within both AWS and global telecom service providers to define and execute joint technology, marketing and sales initiatives.
- Serve as a key member of the AWS technology alliance team in helping to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy.
- Engage each telco service provider’s field sales organizations, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
- Ensure that there is a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction. This includes the creation of detailed account plans to track partner progress and achievement to goals.
- Set and manage revenue targets and work with your team, each partner and AWS sales organizations to achieve/exceed goals.
- Create and execute the team's business plan with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, marketing, PR, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify joint customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
- Understand the technical/business requirements of each global telco service provider and work closely with the internal AWS development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
- Manage complex negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
- Create and execute operational rigor including territory management, account management, segment plans, and business reviews (internal/external).