Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) – Emerging Technology team powers the physical engine at the heart of Amazon. AFT builds and operates the software, hardware, and processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers, which move billions of units of inventory and ensures customers get what they want when promised. Within AFT, we are constantly innovating in the ways we are automating and accelerating the delivery of products and packages using state of the art software and hardware technologies. We develop software by applying Advanced Algorithms and Real-Time Data processing using large scale distributed systems. We utilize OO programming languages, Hadoop, Elastic Map Reduce, DynamoDB and other AWS technologies to build solutions that that solve our challenges, ranging from scaling for massive Amazon order volume to ultrafast order fulfillment.
Our team is looking for top-notch software developers who love listening to our customers, working as a team, and proactively taking the lead whenever necessary. Our mission is to innovate and build scalable and robust software solutions that deliver a great customer experience. These software solutions will directly impact Amazon’s customers from product selection and order placement, to delivering products to our customers as quickly and cost effectively as possible.
What you’ll do?
- Participate in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our fulfillment operations and the businesses they support.
- Participate in the definition of secure, scalable, and low-latency services and efficient physical processes.
- Work with cross-functional teams delivering on demanding projects.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Understand system interdependencies and limitations.
- Share knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.