Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths’ most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
As a Hardware Support Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to develop innovative products. You will support our internal engineering and operations teams through all phases of the product development process from proof of concept testing through final deployment. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed in a fast paced collaborative environment.
- Work with senior engineers to develop and document test plans
- Work with senior engineers to specify test equipment and custom test station hardware and software
- Hands-on assembly and qualification of test station hardware and development of test station software
- Carry out engineering verification and validation testing including optical, mechanical, and electrical testing
- Perform hands-on bring-up of new hardware, testing and troubleshooting
- Document tests results and prepare test reports for presentation to senior management
- Maintain test equipment and laboratory space for efficient operations
- Assist senior engineers with day to day laboratory and documentation tasks
- Multitask and deliver on multiple projects concurrently