Amazon is all in on games.
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon’s Amazon Games, Orange County, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon Lumberyard, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
New World is a massively multiplayer, open-ended sandbox game that allows you to carve your own destiny with other players in a living, hostile, cursed land. How you play, what you do, and whom you work with or against is up to you. Live on your own amidst the supernatural terrors or join with others to build thriving civilizations. In this evolving world that transforms with the changing of the seasons, weather, and time of day, the only limit is your own ambition.
As a Rendering Engineer on our project you will be working with an industry leading engineering, design, and art team to produce a game that amazes our players. You will have direct access to a large number of Amazon engineers whose expertise spans from rendering all the way to machine learning and cloud compute. The Role:
- Be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining advanced graphics technology.
- Research cutting edge rendering techniques & algorithms then drive practical implementation of them.
- Collaborate with the Lumberyard rendering team to leverage their technology for our game and share your technology back for everyone to use.
- Work with content creation teams to implement features and pipelines for our game.
- Identify bottlenecks in the content pipeline to streamline the ability for the creative teams to accelerate.
- Drive design and architecture decisions that results in strong balance of performance, flexibility, and maintainability.
- Assist in developing project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
- Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
- Help turn big ideas into cool new features.